My Top 5 Places In London: Amazing London

10:17 AM

I was talking to my friend Chloe about making this blog, which is, of course, about living in London. Most of my friends are overseas (mostly in Australia as that is where I’m from) and they find it interesting. Bizarrely, my family has moved to a popular place, which didn’t quite hit me until recently. It seems to be one of those places people really want to go to, whether it be for the shopping or for a change of scenery, it’s just one of those places. Also apparently around Oxford St. and Camden and such, you’re supposed to see a lot of celebrities. Not totally sure about that, seeing as I go to those places fairly often and I’ve only ever seen Hannah Murray from the show Skins on Warren St.


London has never taken my interest, particularly. I want to be back at home in Australia if I’m totally honest. My best friends are there and most of my best memories too. But I don’t mind it here. I do have friends and they’re good, thankfully they understand how and why I get stressed and homesick. Right now, I’m looking to join a band. Two bands contacted me about joining them as I got the flu and am unable to show them any examples of my voice! One is in North West London and I can’t even remember where the other is.

My Top 5 Places In London:

1. The Pogo Cafe.

Vegan cafe in Hackney. I’m not vegan but by George they make the finest milkshakes.
I haven’t been there much lately but my friend Sophia and I used to have our own little tradition of going there every Friday.

2. The-Starbucks-Across-The-Road-From-Maida Vale-Underground Stn.

I used to live in Maida Vale when I was about 9 or 10 and I love that area. I think it’s quite pretty. Me and my friends used to go to the Starbucks across the road from the underground station after our GCSE study group on Mondays.

3. Camden High St.

This is, in my opinion, where you go if you want a corset or platforms that are higher than your head (I’m kidding). I love it there.

4. Oxford St.

I really like Oxford St. I go there whenever I have spare money. Normally I go thinking ‘I’ll go to Topshop and get new clothes!’ but end up leaving with more books and CDs from HMV and Books Etc.

5. South Woodford.

Which is where my favorite second hand stores are.
Next time I shall be writing about a specific place/event.

You Might Also Like

0 comments